Meray Froese launched My Reward Fitness in 2012, as a student at Trinity Western University. She had been studying Psychology and Human Kinetics, and knew that she wanted to spend her life helping people become the best versions of themselves. After first hand experiencing how exercise and a healthy balanced diet improved the quality of her own life, she decided to focus her career on helping other women feel the same way. Today, the Langley based Personal Training company is committed to helping individuals look and feel their best, through personal training, group training, running groups and online nutrition and exercise coaching. Meray believes that it is never too late to pursue a healthy lifestyle and is committed to helping clients find happiness, energy and balance through a healthy diet and exercise.
Meray Froese on business, fitness and inspiration:
“I am constantly being inspired by different social media influencers, friends, family and life! My inspiration usually comes when I least expect it.”
“I think the key to success in business is being you. There will always be competitors, people copying your ideas, or having a bigger and better brand than you. I’ve learned that there is only one me, and to be confident in who I am as a person. I cannot be replicated.”
“Business will always have high and low seasons, especially when you are just starting your business. Don’t let the low seasons discourage you. Accept it as a season that everyone goes through, and use that time to learn and grow.”
Owning your own business is definitely not easy, but it is totally worth it. Take baby steps to growing your business. Time is your best friend, and you’ll never regret taking small steps.
“I have worked with every type of woman, and let me tell you, it is NEVER too late [to adapt a fit lifestyle]. You deserve to be healthy and happy, and with proper guidance, I can promise you that you can and will be fit.”
“Learning how to fuel your body with healthy foods and incorporating exercise in your lifestyle is life changing. It will drastically improve your quality of life.”
More About Meray:
- If you had to describe yourself in one sentence what would you say? I am a charismatic, out going person who loves adventure and people.
- If you could tell the child version of yourself one piece of advice what would it be? I’d tell myself to stop dieting!
- What is the best advice you have ever received from anyone? If I don’t love and appreciate my body now, I’ll never be satisfied and will never learn how to love and appreciate my body.
- Who do you admire in the fitness industry and why? I admire people in the Fitness industry that make health their number one priority. It’s so easy to develop unhealthy habits in efforts to be thin, or achieve specific goals. I believe it is always important to make your health your number one priority.
- It’s Monday morning and the beginning of a new week, what’s the first thing you do to kick off the day? The first thing I do on a Monday morning is make an almond milk latte and prepare my breakfast. I love to eat my breakfast while enjoying a latte and reading emails.
- What’s in Meray’s gym bag? My gym bag is not too exciting. I usually have my swell water bottle, a sweater, headphones, sweat bands, gum, training gloves, an exercise band, and a post-workout snack.
- What type of music do you listen to at the gym? In your car? Getting ready for a night out with the girls? Totally depends on the season! When I’m training I listen to upbeat music, and listen to it really loud. I love listening to Jazz music in the morning, and usually look up different playlists on 8 tracks.
- What’s your favourite cheat meal? My taste buds have definitely changed since I’ve become pregnant. My current favourite cheat meal is a burger and french fries.
- If you had an extra 3 hours in each day what would you spend it doing? Right now, probably sleeping. But usually, I would spend it with people, or take more time to cook.
- If you were to leave a legacy in this world, what do you want to be remembered for? I want to be known as someone who encourages people to be the best versions of themselves. I always want to encourage people’s strengths, and motivate them to be better.
Check Out My Reward Fitness: