I finally had the chance to sit down and browse through the much-anticipated 2017 IKEA catalogue and I’m already dreaming about where to put some of my finds in my new house! While we’ll finally have the space to fit everything, I can’t stop drooling IKEA’s new apartment-esque furnishings. A free standing mini kitchen? HELLO! Here are my top 10 items from the 40th Anniversary catalogue.
1. ELVARLI Shelving Unit: Gone are the random clothes rails awkwardly placed alongside a wall in your bedroom, and in with the stylish ELVARLI shelving unit! This open storage solution can be created to make it a perfect combination that suits your needs.
2. SUNNERSTA Utility Cart: A versatile and sleek storage solution for your home office or kids room, this cart gives you extra storage and work space.
3. KULLABERG Desk: The simplicity and size of this desk is perfect for small spaces or a teen’s bedroom. I’m pretty sure it’s going to make it into our new house somewhere.
4. GLADOM Tray Table: Add some colour to your home decor with this genius side table that doubles as a tray. Why not buy one in each colour?!
5. SÖDERHAMN Chaise: It might come as a complete surprise to you, but I’m not a huge pink fan. This cute chaise, however, would make it into my office space for a fresh, feminine lounging corner.
6. SLADDA Bicycle: Such a stylish way to commute around the city! And I feel like I need this because it looks that good.
7. GRÖNADAL Rocking Chair: Even if you don’t need a rocking chair, you still need to get this one.
8. KVISTBRO Storage Table: I love this fresh way to display my throws and pillows in the family room! This is a definite must for our new space!
9. GÖRLÖSE Rug: An affordable, stylish option for all you monochrome lovers (myself included!)
10. SUNNERSTA Mini Kitchen: Who doesn’t need a mini kitchen in their kitchen? I can already see how Instagram is going to style this fun addition.
Kristina Cross is a mama to an active six year old son and an outspoken three year old daughter. She is also a ‘bonus’ mom to a 16 year old, social media addict, confessed shopaholic and lover of espresso, lattes and wine.
While she was pregnant with her son in 2009, Kristina started her blog, SwankMama, as a diary where she could document her life as a new mom, as well as create a space for her son to look back on once he becomes older. Though she kept her blog private from friends and family at first, Kristina has recently started to feel more comfortable sharing her blog with those closest to her as well as the community around her. Thus, writing her blog has made her rediscover her passion for writing. In addition to keeping her readers updated with her family life, Kristina also provides them with product reviews and giveaways, and always provides her honest personal opinions.
SwankMama was named one of the Top 25 Canadian Mom Blogs of 2013 via Circle of Moms by PopSugar and, in 2012, Kristina was named one of Vancouver’s Top 30 Mom Bloggers of 2012 by Vancouvermom.ca.
In November 2014, Kristina decided to follow her passion for event styling and launched The Swank Social. Taking over social media by storm, she was very mindful at keeping both businesses separate until recently. If you have any questions about media/event inquiries for The Swank Social, you can contact Kristina here.
Article as seen on The Swank Social